Friday, July 29, 2011

I Nephi 2:16 - Nephi was exceedingly young

“And it came to pass that I, Nephi, being exceedingly young, …”

This will be a short post today, but have you ever thought about this scripture that says "Nephi, being exceedingly young"?  I've often thought that perhaps, just maybe, that exceedingly young age would be about the same age Joseph Smith was when he received the first vision ... Fourteen. 

For me, this puts a whole new perspective on the actions of Nephi as he goes back and forth in the wilderness between Jerusalem and his father's tent.  Can you imagine how his brothers may have felt taking direction from someone who was "exceedingly young."  I'm sure if you are 14 and have older brothers, they wouldn't want to take directions from you.  Can you imagine a 14 year-old young man having to face a man as powerful as Laban?  It just shows me how mature and how much faith Nephi must have had.  I hope we can all have the faith and confidence in the Lord that Nephi had at this "exceedingly young" age.

No comments:

Post a Comment